SACCJ is excited to invite you to a webinar on making connectivity affordable and accessible across the African continent. We are co-hosting this webinar with the South African Embassy in Japan and the ABE Initiative participants at SoftBank Corp. We would be very happy if you can attend!
The aim of this webinar is to promote a deeper understanding of how Japanese companies can work with African stakeholders to provide "universal access to information and communication technology" (UN SDG 9) in Africa. For that purpose, we will first look at what companies on the African continent are already doing to make connectivity and its benefits more accessible to people in Africa. Then, we will explore how companies outside of Africa (especially those in Japan) could support these efforts.
In line with the vision of the ABE Initiative, we are hoping that this webinar will help build bridges between enterprises in Japan and the African continent for the benefit of all.
This invitation is open and free to the members of SACCJ and their guests*.
Location: Zoom Online Webinar
Time: Friday, 11 March 2022, 14:00-15:00(JST); 07:00-08:00(CAT)
**Sign-in will be allowed from 13:50(JST); 06:50(CAT)
Deadline for registration: Thursday, 10 March 2022, 20:00 (JST) 13:00 (CAT)
Mr. Simon Farrell, SACCJ Vice-chairman, will be the MC of the webinar.
- MC by the Vice-chairman of the South African Chamber of Commerce in Japan (SACCJ), Mr Simon Farrell.
- (3 min) Opening remarks by the South African Ambassador to Japan, HE LS Ngonyama.
- Short presentations: What is your company doing to make connectivity and its benefits accessible across the African continent?
- (8 min) Customer Experience Executive of Econet Global, Mr Otis Makahamadze.
- (8 min) Chief External Affairs and Regulatory Officer of Safaricom Ethiopia, Mr Matthew Harrison-Harvey.
- (8 min) Africa Public Policy Manager for Access and Connectivity of Meta (Facebook), Mr Thys Kazad.
- Fireside chat: How can companies outside of Africa work together with Econet, Safaricom and Meta to support these efforts?
- (20 min) Facilitation by the Head of the Global Business Division of SoftBank Corp and CEO of SoftBank Telecom America, Mr Daichi Nozaki.
- (5 min) Concluding remarks and words of thanks by the ABE Initiative participants at SoftBank Corp.
If you will use Zoom for the first time, please download the Zoom app from the link: Zoom Download.
In order to ensure that you are able to join the webinar, please test your access at this link: Zoom Test.
The Zoom link will be sent out upon completed registration.
Mr Simon Farrell
Vice-chairman of the South African Chamber of Commerce in Japan
Mr Daichi NozakiHead of the Global Business Division of SoftBank Corp and CEO of SoftBank Telecom America
H.E. LS Ngonyama
Ambassador of the Republic of South Africa to Japan
Mr Otis Makahamadze
Customer Experience Executive of Econet Global
Mr Matthew Harrison-Harvey
Chief External Affairs and Regulatory Officer of Safaricom Ethiopia
Mr Thys Kazad
Africa Public Policy Manager for Access and Connectivity of Meta (Facebook)